Saturday, 5 January 2013

REN


I love REN. To be honest, I wasn't really a big cleanser until a couple of years ago, though I've been moisturising my skin for years. It was a friend that informed me of the importance of cleansing (and the amazing results hot cloth cleansing can give you... er, hello, Marilyn used to do it and have you SEEN how amazing her skin was?!), and after seeing the results, I've not been able to stop since!

I've tried the cheaper cleanser, sure. I got Nivea Visage Pure and Natural Cleansing Toner, but having oily skin I found this didn't feel like it really got into the pores... to be honest, it feels more like you're slathering a thick moisturiser all over your face. I would totally recommend it for those with dry skin, though perhaps not if you have sensitive.



Howeverrr, the one cleanser I've found that really works (and that I keep coming back to) is REN. It's around £18 so not exactly cheap, but it's a nice sized bottle and you only need half a pump a time. And it really WORKS. I first got the REN T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel as I have moments where my nose especially gets really oily. It claimed to gently dissolve the excess sebum (the substance that makes the skin oily) and remove dirt. Though it was still better than the other cleansers I'd tried, it didn't make my skin feel INCREDIBLE as I wanted it to. Still definitely recommended by me if you do have oily skin, my skin is far from sensitive and likes the more heavy duty treatments. Eventually,  I found another REN product that was even better than this!


REN Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk is my favourite cleanser of all time (at least, I haven't found anything as good yet!) It claims it's for sensitive skin, which surprises me as normally products for sensitive skin don't even touch my skin - 'Simple', for example, it completely rubbish for me - it has a thin, creamy texture and smells really nice. It smells fresh and clean and... good! I can feel it working to clear the dirt off my skin. Once I've done the hot cloth cleanse technique (soak a flannel/cloth in HOT water and gently buff the cleanser off, several times if necessary) my skin always feels clean and clear (make sure you splash your face with cold water or use a toner after to close your pores back up!) Most importantly, it doesn't feel like I have anything left on my skin - when using the Nivea, it always feels like I have a film of left over cream on my skin that I just can't get off. With this, I feel like my skin has been cleaned down to it's deepest layers, and it makes putting on my moisturiser easy peasy. I can see myself using this for years to come!



Now, on to my other REN products. Whilst staying at the Sanctum Soho Hotel in London I got the opportunity to use a couple other REN products, including the 'Oat and Bay Conditioning Shampoo', the 'Pro Vitamin Hair Conditioner', the 'Neroli and Grapefruit Body Wash' and the 'Neroli and Grapefruit Body Cream'.

The shampoo has a nice smell, quite fruity... it kind of smells a little bit like Christmas cake?! But cleaner and fresher! I have a lot of hair so I like to shampoo twice when I can, but I can tell this shampoo is really good and cleaning the roots of your hair. If you have oily roots I would recommend this; if you have thick, coarse hair in need of some TLC I would look for something creamier with a bit more power to it. This shampoo is very gentle and lovely, but not for those of us who need a bit more power!

The conditioner is pretty great, actually. It's very conditioning and moisturising, you can tell even by using a little. I tend to use quite a big of conditioner and leave it on for a while to really penetrate my coloured hair. Would I buy it? Yes, probably... it smells like a milder version of the shampoo, very clean and fresh and... well, clean! It leaves hair soft and manageable, though it didn't really sort out the frizz.

The body wash is, again, lovely. It smells really gorgeous, quite hard to describe... certainly like nothing I've smelt before! I would say it was refreshing and invigorating, a pleasure to use in the morning. It feels very cleansing and cleaning on the skin. I really like this body wash!

The body lotion is really good. It smells like a milder version of the body wash, and is thick and creamy in texture. It's not sticky and it absorbs surprisingly quickly, which I love as I love to slather it on before bedtime. I would probably buy this again, to be fair... it's rich and smells beautiful and is just a lovely product!

Anywho, I hope you've found this useful! Overall I just love REN. They use nothing but the best products in their range so you can buy safe in the knowledge their products are doing nothing but good for your skin/hair!

Meli X

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this brand but the products seem really interesting, that cleanser sounds really good!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete