Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Barry M Lip Gloss


Today I was rummaging through one of my many make-up bags when I came across two Barry M lip glosses. I completely forgot about these - so figured I'd wear them today and do a review!




This is the actual colour of the gloss, looks way different in the lighting of the photo I took!


I'll start with the red one!

First, I don't like the fact they they don't seem to name the colours of their glosses (boooo!). Instead, they put a number on the bottom, which is pretty hard to read. However I believe the shade of the red gloss I have is '045'. 

It looks pretty vibrant in the tube, but on it appears quite sheer.

It smells like cherry, which I like!

It has the texture of Vaseline - in my opinion, the PERFECT texture for a lip gloss! Not sticky in the slightest!

After researching this gloss I found it might actually have been a valentine's special... if that's the case then NOOOOO!! I need to stock up, fast!




The second pink gloss is shade... er, I can't really tell, because it's rubbed off!

This is when I searched the web in hopes of finding the correct shade, and discovered that these glosses are REALLY hard to find, because they have numbers AND names but Barry M can't seem to decide which they prefer so it's all mixed up and confusing... The pink one is REALLY difficult to find, with some describing it as coral, others as pink. It's either called 'Flamingo', 'Coral' or 'Strawberries and Cream'... personally, I think it's the coral one, though it definitely looks more pink to me!

Anywho, moving on!

The pink one (Flamingo? Strawberries & Cream? Coral? MAKE YOUR MINDS UP, BARRY M!) smells sooooo divine. I'm serious. I can quite happily just sit and smell it's yummy deliciousness for ages, it smells so good!

It has the same great Vaseline texture of the cherry one, with a sheer coverage and no stickiness.




As you can see, if you're after a lot of colour with your lip gloss these aren't for you. If, however, you like your gloss to smell gorgeous, be quite sheer and non-sticky, these are perfect!

I actually love them. I would go as far to say they are my favourite day-to-day lipgloss, and would be easy to wear over a lipstick at night too. Will I be repurchasing? DEFINITELY!... well, if I can find them, anyway!

These glosses are around £4.25 and can be purchased from the Asos and Amazon websites, and the Barry M stands that are regularly in Boots and Superdrug.

These glosses really are amazing, if only Barry M could sort themselves out a bit and figure out which ones to keep, which ones to make special edition, and what to name them!

If you guys think you know the names to these glosses, let me know in the comments below!

Meli
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I tagged you for seven deadly sins of beauty tag. You can check more about it here:

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/2013/05/seven-deadly-sins-of-beauty-tag.html

    When you do this, leave a link in my comments, so I can sheck what you wrote :)
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meli that is a great color on you. I am thinking about revamping my red head tutorial thingy once I get to the UK in september. I gotta see what brands you guys have over there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks very much! I really do love these glosses, shame they're so hard to find! DO IT, definitely check out Barry M, it's a great brand particularly if you love bright make-up! :)

      Delete
  3. I've never tried their lipglosses! They look like such great colours on you :)

    Please feel free to enter my latest giveaway (here) - you could win yourself an Hermes/Homies sweater!x

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete