Thursday, 2 May 2013

Make-up Tutorial: I'm ill!

I woke up this morning after the worst nights sleep ever and have had to accept the fact I have caught a cold. I am the WORST when I have a cold - pretty darn pathetic! Give me physical pain over a blocked nose and pounding head any day!

Anyway, always one to see the glass half full, I thought I'd take the opportunity to do a make-up look on looking healthy with a bit of colour when you're feeling/looking really rubbish. Enjoy!

     



Me before - I've cleansed, toned and moisturised and left enough time for it all to sink into my skin.






Much better! Here's what I used to do it:



I started off using my 'Rimmel Clear Complexion Stick' under my eyes to cover the bags I've got from such a horrid, sleepless night and around my nose as I've been blowing it a lot and it's gone all horrid and red.

Next, I used my 'Maybelline The Eraser Anti-Age Foundation', dotted it onto my face and buffed it in with my 'Real Techniques Expert Face Brush'.

I then used my liquid concealer (I believe it's No7 but the name has rubbed off) under my eyes to brighten them up a bit and around my nose and a little on my chin. I used my small Real Techniques foundation brush and my fingers to gently pat onto my skin.

I then took my 'Real Techniques Multi-Task Brush' and used it to swirl a bit of 'W7 Honolulu Bronzer' onto my contour area, a little on my temples, down my nose, across my chin and along my jawline. (I love this product, it's a great bronzer for pale people as it's not very orange and it's a cheap duplicate for 'Benefits Hula Hula'!)

To put a bit of colour back into my cheeks, I used my 'Real Techniques Blush Brush' and my 'Paese blusher with Argan Oil' and gently put a bit across my cheeks, blending into my bronzer.

After finishing my face, I moved onto my brows! I always use my trusty 'Calvin Klein Brow Palette in Blonde' to fill in my brows. I then use a reddish coloured eyeshadow to put a bit of red into them to match my hair (the palette this shade is in was INCREDIBLY cheap and I bought it purely for this shadow!) and to finish off I sweep a clear mascara through them, to set everything and to keep my brow hairs in place.

Onto the eyes, I used my 'Avon Eyeshadow Duo in Healthy Glow'. I used the lighter shade all over my eyelids blending towards the brow, and then used the brown colour across my crease and took it a little under the eye. I used my cheap and cheerful eyelash curlers (I need a new pair stat!), and then whacked a load of 'Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara' on. I also used my 'Max Factor False Lash Effect' because the brush is really good at separating my lashes.

On my lips I used 'Bourjois Rouge Hi-Tech Lip Tint in 82 - Rouge Futuriste'.

And to finish off, I used my 'Paese Rich Powder' to mattefy my nose and chin areas.

And voila! Finito!




No comments:

Post a Comment