Sunday, 19 May 2013

Tom Ford Haul/Review




For my 22nd, my beautiful friend Sarah (Skin Perfecting) got me some Tom Ford products, and since receiving them I've been dying to do a review!





I got the Tom Ford lipgloss in 'Rose Crush', the Tom Ford 'Translucent Finishing Powder in Alabaster Nude', and the Tom Ford lipstick in 'Sable Smoke'.

I'll start with the lipstick!










As you can see, it's a sort of brown nude delight. 

I adore Tom Ford lipsticks, from the packaging, the smell (vanilla, but not overpowering), the texture... they're soft and beautiful and this will definitely be part of my daily make-up routine for quite some time!

Next on to the lipgloss in Rose Crush:






The lipgloss looks more like a lacquer on first inspection but once applied it's much more transparent  Having said that I'm sure the colour could be built up for more depth. It has a brush type applicator, and smells like the lipstick but a bit stronger. It has a great balance between having a sticky/glossy texture, and feels nice on the lips. I love the colour! As Sarah pointed out, this will look GORGEOUS layered on top of a nude lipstick, or just on it's own in the day.

And finally the translucent finishing powder in Alabaster Nude:


Comes with a cute suede pouch!




Applicator brush

 Ah, this is just divine. I LOVE the fact it comes with a protective pouch, because when opening this you do feel a strong motherly need to protect it from grubby fingers and outside elements to keep it shiny and new. The packaging is just so top end and gorgeous it's unreal. The product itself does everything you want it to, and it's an every day item I would use all the time (I probably wont though, I'll be saving this bad boy for posh date nights etc for when I want to feel posh and sophisticated and expensive!)

I would totally recommend these items for anyone who wants one or two items in their make-up bag that, when applied, makes them feel AMAZING. I think the actual process of applying these beauties, holding the gorgeous packaging and marvelling at such an expensive item is part of the charm for sure.

I LOVE TOM FORD AHHHHHH 

Any questions about these products? Feel free to ask in the comments below!

Meli
xxx








2 comments:

  1. I want the Black Orchid lipstick. I'm holding out but I may just cave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's beautiful, very hard to find a dupe for! I think you should treat yourself for a birthday/christmas and go for it ;)

      Delete