Thursday, 19 February 2015

Estee Lauder 'Pure Color Envy' Lipstick Review

Anyone who knows me knows how ridiculously obsessed I am with lipstick, especially a good nude! I recently purchased the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy lipstick in the shade 'Insatiable Ivory' and wanted to do a quick review:




First off, packaging! This lipstick has a nifty magnet in the lid, so no matter what angle the put the lid on the magnet snaps it into place which I quite like. I also like the shiny, pretty bullet. Having said that, it's a bit unexciting... I didn't feel like I'd just bought an expensive lippie. 

Next is the colour. I styruggle to find nudes that lighten my lips like I want, as I have really dark plum coloured lips naturally and everything always appears darker on me. The pigmentation of this lipstick is pretty good, though. Very creamy and wearable, which I liked! I didn't use a lip liner and probably wont in the future with this, either. 


It's almost a little bit coral on me, though just enough to give it a colour. I usually prefer a pinker undertone to my nudes, so I was a bit miffed at the orangey nudey colour. Having said that, I actually quite like it on! It's very flattering and easy to wear.


It's certainly pigmented enough to cover my purple/reddy lips, which I was impressed with, and I think it photographs really nicely too. As for longevity... well, I tend to re-apply every couple of hours or so anyway as lipsticks never stay on me all that long (I talk too much!) but it didn't stain my teeth or go icky at the edges of my mouth, and it re-applied nicely on top of the leftover lipstick, always a bonus!

I probably wont get any other shades in this range... I just haven't fallen in love with it as much as I hoped. However, I'm certain this lipstick will get used up, and I'd recommend it to anyone with dry lips who like a nice, light, daytime corally nude!

Meli x 

No comments:

Post a Comment