Thursday, 19 February 2015

How I Do My Brows

A lot of people have been asking me about my brows at work recently so I thought I'd do a blog post on it!

As a natural redhead who dyes her hair a darker shade of red, it took me a while to find the right products, shades and technique to use daily to fill in my brows. I'm reasonably happy with how they look at the moment, though I'm sure I'll change my mind at some point! 

At the moment I like a nice, defined brow and that's definitely in style at the moment. I like a clear, defined arch, but hate the scouse brow look!

The products I use currently to do my brows are the MAC angled 266 brush:


It's a nice, sharp, tightly bristled brush that I personally find easy to use and clean!

I've gone between pencils and powders in the past to fill in my none existent brows. At the moment, I absolutely love a good powder - I'm finding pencils trickier to use as they don't fill in my gaps very well! I use the Smashbox Eyebrow Trio in Auburn:



Well loved! On the left, a light and darker shade of auburn, on the right is the setting wax
Smashbox advise to use the wax first to set the brow hairs into place before going in with the lighter powder to shape, and lastly using the darker colour to define. However, I've found mixing the two powders together is easier for me. I've also replaced the wax with a cheap and cheerful clear mascara which I use to comb through my brows to set the hairs after I'm done filling them in.

Brows before. (I tint my brows, they're as invisible as my lashes otherwise! I don't bother tinting my lashes unless I'm going away, I just slather mascara on them)
I give my brows a much higher arch to frame my face and darken them quite a bit as my hair is dyed darker than my natural shade and I put a lot of black mascara on! I also extend the length of my brow so it fits my face better and gives me a more heart shaped appearance.
I've been defining them even more recently for work using a hightlighter to daw around the outside of the brow and neaten them up a bit. I absolutely love the Estee Lauder BB Highlighter Pen for this! 



I also use this under my eyes, down the centre of my nose, on my chin and on my forehead for a bit of highlighting. I loooove this! It's easy to use, a great colour, the coverage is good, it doesn't look cakey, it's a tiny bit luminescent... it's just a great product! A good drugstore dupe is Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' concealer. I use this sometimes too!

So yeah! That's how I do my brows... for the moment!
Meli x

No comments:

Post a Comment