Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Smashbox 'Cherry Smoke' Palette

Ahh, I have to quickly talk about this palette #sorrynotsorry

This picture doesn't do it justice, seriously, get to your local Smashbox counter and have a look!


It has to be my favourite eye palette of the moment, along with all-time fave 'Urban Decay Naked 2'

Firstly, the cute, easy-to-keep-clean, portable casing. Love!

Secondly, the amazing shade range that enables you to cover easy peasy day time looks and dark, intense smokey eyes.

Thirdly, the great sized mirror

Fourthly, the pigment is so good! Really smooth, easy to blend, builds up well and gives great colour instantly!

This palette is, quite simply, the best Autumn/Winter palette I've seen in a looong while!

Today I decided to use the redder, rustier tones, as I know a couple of people will be put off by these shades. Reds are easy to wear (and in fact look amazing on blue eyes), as long as you put a line of black between the red and your actual eye, so you don't look like you've been punched in the face, cus, you know, that ain't a good look on anyone dear.

I don't know why I look drunk, I swear I wasn't, I can only apologise, dopey face


I used the shades 'Oxidise' and 'Rustic' to create this look. I used 'Bare' as my shading base, then applied 'Oxidise' up to the crease and blended. I then used a pencil brush to apply 'Rustic' to my crease in a windscreen wiper motion, and blended out with a fluffy brush upwards towards the brow. I also applied some in the inner corner, outer corner and under the eye. I appled some liquid black liner to create the cat eye flick and put some black pencil under the eye (which made it a bit too messy for my liking but I got compliments at work so hey!)

I also used 'Hyperlash' mascara by Smashbox, which I'm also in love with at the moment because every time I wear it I get asked how I curl my lashes. I don't, it's just the mascara, honest!

Meli x

No comments:

Post a Comment